Tuesday, November 08, 2005

lost in texas

today is my first day back at work after my trip to texas. not so happy to be at work, but very glad to be back home. i do enjoy being with my friends from long ago. they are of course still great friends, the kind that last a lifetime. my thanks to my buddy chris and his wife leah(sp). they made me feel right at home, and she whipped up a chicken pot pie in two seconds that made me want to shout. good stuff. so every time i go away i get this feeling of appreciation for home that i didnt quite have before. maybe this is just me being a bit road weary but i really felt happy and relaxed in my chair. watching tv with my son sitting on the arm of the recliner or in my lap. talking to him, listening to him talk to me. what a wonderful little man he is, and how great it is for us to be home. happy with friends, happiest at home with my son. good all over.

2 Comments:

Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Glad you had a good trip, but Dorothy said it best, "there's no place like home"

12:39 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

yeah i did have a great time but dorothy was right . and thanks about my son. he is the best thing ive ever had anything to do with!!!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home